Skip to Main Content

The University of Tennessee

Tennessee Blogs

Frequently Used Tools:




Sep 18, 2008

Life


I know I have been kind of quiet for a while--let me explain. My life this year has been school and church.

I had a first round of tests last week, and before that I spent obscene amounts of time studying. If you are a high school student, then you know how, at most schools, teachers accidentally pile assignments on top of each other. You have two papers due on the same day, a test the next day...whatever it is. In college, the professors do this on purpose, just to confuse you, and give these weeks special names like "midterms" or "finals" in an attempt to legitimize their malevolence. This is my theory, anyway.

I don't know how everyone else deals with these four weeks of the year, but I drink more coffee, sleep less, smoke more, and study through weekends. Others plan ahead and get things done in time to enjoy life. This, I believe, is a genetic skill that I have not inherited, but I'm not complaining. My way has its perks, like finally taking a break after hours of reading grotesquely large words that all end in "-ane" or "-anol" and doing something (anything!) else.

Like going to church. I've been going to a church called Fellowship. It's big, but most of the people filling the sanctuary every week are excited to be there, which is good, I think. The music sounds like they know much of their congregation is in some way related to UT, and the teaching sounds familiar, like I've read it somewhere before... These are also good things. Apart from that, I'm still really enjoying RUF. They have these bible study and "fellowship groups" for upperclassmen, and I went once just to check it out. I've been back every week since. All of my really close friends either go to RUF or Fellowship, which is great, because I get to see them at least every week.

• • •

2 Comments:

Blogger Ethan said...

Dude, write more.
Because I read this. And I like knowing how my friends are doing.

And I know what you mean about Fellowship. It feels familiar; like home. And not in a bad way. It feels good and familiar because I really believe the church cares about how we as the Body of Christ relate to one another and to the Gospel. I'm glad it's around.

I'm glad you are, too.

Blogger Alex said...

Ethan, you're amazing. Let's hang out more.

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

« Home